Sunday, 14 July 2013

July Challenge: From Sketch to Card / Page

This month our challenge is to make a card or a layout using a sketch.
This is the card sketch:


This challenge is meant to be fun - and inspire you to be creative!
You are free to use any product or stamp. Measurements are not specified -
 you are allowed to make your own choices to give you the most creative freedom.
 Feel free to substitute shapes or change sizes to accommodate your ideas.

Here is a picture of four square cards I made following this sketch...


I was playing with some of the items pictured here - look at the lovely pretty papers!


I decided to keep to a square card base for these cards but of different sizes.
 

My first 'Thank you' card matches the sketch very closely.
 I used a large red folded card as a base (6.25 inches square).
I cut various shapes of paper to make layers,
 including a scalloped strip in red card and a scalloped circle in white card. 
This circle I stamped with the jar stamp, flower and 'Thanks a Bunch' in Hero Hues 'Brown Bark' dye ink.
I had some matching 'jar' paper, from which I cut the final horizontal strip,
 before putting the whole lot together using white glue.
The final touch was to add the butterflies - I used a butterfly die in various sizes and my Big Shot to make two sets of three butterflies. I then tied these together with twine and stuck them in place using glue dots.


My second 'New Home' card uses a 6 in square card base.
I cut a strip from a 12 x 12 piece of cream card and scored it down the middle using my score board.
Again I cut various shapes from pretty paper to make the appropriate layers, but this time,
 instead of butterflies I added chipboard shapes. 
Instead of a scalloped strip along the bottom
 I just used the diagonal lines featured along the edge of that piece of paper.


My third card uses a smaller folded card base in cream (5 in square).
Again I cut rectangles of pretty paper to match the sketch. I punched a scalloped circle and added sparkly green 'Stickles' round the edge. The embellishments this time were stickers!


My fourth card - this one involves stamping with 'soft canteloupe' shadow ink
 to make the main image, the trim at the bottom and the embellishments.


These cards were all 'squares' so to finish off I decided to use a rectangular card base to make one final card.
This first picture shows a red folded card base and envelope with the pieces of paper
 that I cut or punched for the various layers.

  
This is the assembled card using Washi tape to add the bottom trim and flowers as embellishments.


I hope you like my ideas and have fun making your own cards!

Happy Crafting!

Materials

Papers

Stamp Sets

Ink pads



-----
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card using the provided sketches.
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album July Challenge: From Sketch to Card / Page
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: July 30, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

9 comments:

  1. All the cards are wonderful Susan and match the sketch perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Susan, fabulous sketch, might have a go at that, if I have time, beautiful images and papers...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card there all fab xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.